Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Bible, Believe it or not

At this time of year many post religious thoughts or exerts from the Bible and I find myself wanting to challenge what they post. Since going to college I have realize that the Bible is not as pure as I once thought it was. Mankind has influenced and controlled what the bible contains for hundreds of years all in the name of power. There have been books of the bible completely left out because of their content. Who are we to change what God had deemed appropriate and wanted known and how are we NOW suppose to decipher what God said and what man has put in the Bible. The King James version is just that, a version King James found suited him and his needs. He was not a profoundly religious man, he found issues with the old Bible and wanted then changed so that he could get past certain religious obstacles without losing face to his people. He broke away from the Catholic Church and revised the bible to suit him.

So I am now left questioning my own faith and it's origins. Yes I do believe in God but in the bible there are many contradictions. God is a perfect God but yet He is Vain and Vengeful. We are suppose to be as perfect as we can humanly be and try our best to be as much like God as possible but being Vain and vengeful are sins. God makes no mistakes and Being gay is a sin, then why are babies born with both sexes and parents are forced to choose the sex without knowing the preferences of the child? We now know medically that DNA switches are being turned on and off within the parent which is then passed to the child which in turn can cause a child to be born a female and have preferences to mating with a female. So did God create a mistake or are our children being born condemned and why? God is a loving God so why would he create a condemned child at birth? Or was He not there during Conception and His hand wasn't in it?

I choose to believe our God is a just and loving God. He is perfect and does not create mistakes. He does not like nor will he tolerate evil, hatred, cruelty and being unforgiving. He created all life which includes homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. God loves us all. Being gay is as much a part of who a person is as their eye color and they have the same amount of choice in that part of who they are. So this Thanksgiving don't only be thankful but be loving, excepting and understanding of everyone.

2 comments:

jnuts said...

it's interesting, that when I went to college, I started questioning the very same things as you. all those different minds, I guess.

hope all is going well with you and your family. we all have a lot to be thankful for...even though the daily drama never seems to end.

~Vital~ said...

Jock it seems the more I learn the more I question.

Winter is still struggling with her addiction and I pray everyday.

Lance is doing well, He is in the Navy and is a Hospital Corpsman. He is stationed in VA for now.

Chase is in junior high now and well, lets just say that the hormones have kicked in and the war is on, lol.

Scott and I are doing great. He has started college and I am so ever proud of him. He has had a 4.0 the last couple of semesters. I secretly hate him for it. ;)

Other than that we have just been plodding along. Oh I grad. Next semester with my AA. Nursing school is next if I can hang in there. It has been one long ass haul.

Hope you and your family are doing well. I said a prayer for your son. I hope he is doing well.

Take care, much love and hugs your way. Vital