Friday, February 26, 2010

Good bye Gerneral...you gave us a good Life

We lost a family member, The General. He passed away 2/15/10 at 11:35am. I was at school I am sorry to say, but he took his last breath in my husbands arms. We were going to take him to the vet after I got home from school. I cried like a baby the night before, telling my husband I just didn't think I could do it. The General had been with us for 12 years. He was the alpha cat and protected all the others. There will never be another like him.

We miss him something fierce.

Vital

4 comments:

Mildred Ratched said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how our pets can become like family members and we grieve for their passing as if they were our babies.

I used to breed Himalayans and kept not only the mother and father cat, but a kitten from 2separate litters as well. The last one alive is almost 14 now. I had the other 3 creamated upon their passing and will bury them all together when the last one dies. They were such a huge part of my life that I feel I owe them that type of memorial. Only a devoted petowner can understand the love one feels for their furry friends.

jnuts said...

Oh, Vital...I have no words. After 12 years they are so much more than pets. I understand completely how you feel. What a beauty he was. My heart breaks for you.

I salute you, General.


Lots of love and hugs,
Jock

Mildred Ratched said...

Just passing through again letting you know I'm thinking of you. I agree with Jock, The General was a beauty.

~Vital~ said...

Thank you both so much. Everytime I think of him, tears come to my eyes and I can't walk anywhere in my home without missing him.

Vital