Friday, January 08, 2010

Homework Already?!

Can you believe it? I have home work already and the damn semester doesn't even start officially until Monday. My Psychology instructor has already put his syllabus on line, sent us all emails stating we need to have read the first Chapter and went over the power point that is also on line before class and be ready to discuss it. I have a feeling this instructor is going to be very demanding and unforgiving and that scares me. I am hoping like hell I can make it through this semester.

Oh, well, I like challenges, I just hate failing them. I'll just have to make sure I don't fail. One instructor is not going to stand in my way. I have already started reading the chapter and it is very interesting, which is a major plus. I just hope he is a good teacher and doesn't take the fun out of this class. His syllabus threatens failure all the way through it, which is scary as well. If you don't do this you will fail, Failure to comply to this and you will not pass and so on and so on. I hate an instructor that feels they must dominate from the beginning, show they are a bad ass...I wonder if he is compensating for something he does not have...Hmmmm, don't want to know, don't care. I have already decided I'm going to beat this man and pass his freaking class with an "A". I also laughed and told my husband that I am going to every class with a low cut shirt as well...Hey it can't hurt..right? Right? I know, I know...I would never do that, could never do that. I have too much pride.

I have the whole day to myself, my husband, bless his poor soul, is at work in this cold (working out doors in it), my son's will be at school. I have no car today, which excuses me from any errands that may have needed to be ran. My husbands car decided it need a vacation and barely made it in the drive way yesterday. Yes, my husband can fix it, but it was the last thing we needed right now. Thank God, in many ways, that I have the day off from work.

Easy dinner tonight as well, homemade potato soup and grilled ham & swiss cheese sandwiches on sourdough bread. Comfort food that fits perfect for this weather. Tomorrow we are going to have homemade Chili, which is to die for. We are having the Chili tomorrow night since it is suppose to snow and be colder and the Chili is pretty spicy. I serve it with tortilla chips, tomatoes, chives, sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese on the side. My husband adds hot sauce and peperoncini peppers. I prefer my peperoncini peppers with a salad instead.

I plan on curling up on the couch with my pyschology book and finishing that first chapter with notes in tow and then curling up next to my computer and going through that damn power point so I can look that instructor in the face and blast him with all kinds of questions. I hope he's ready....which I'm sure he will be.

So, off to the couch I go.....

Vital

1 comment:

jnuts said...

did you ever think you'd be saying "i'm going to curl up on the couch with my psychology book? hahahaha.

save me some of that potato soup, please. it's one of my favs. SheWHoMustBeObeyed made some this week and put chives in it. i may be insane, but I swear they made the soup even better than usual.

and don't you know...my vehicle is crying "vacation" as well. same ol' same ol'.