Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This has been a rough Christmas for us. My husband is in the construction field and it is always feast or famine. We their is work there is always alot and when work slows down, it actually stops for a week or two. This year the work has slowed at the most crucial times. I have to say that the good Lord above has gotten us through. We waited until last night to get a tree, not because we procrastinated but because we couldn't afford it until my husband got paid last Friday. When we went to look for one at Home Depot or Lowes the ones they had were already brown and they still wanted 59.00. Home depot told us they would be getting another shipment of Trees in on Monday, so we waited. Monday came and I called them periodically through out the day all the way up till 7pm. Each call they said it was coming but hadn't arrived. Finally the last call I made they finally said it wasn't coming. I was heart broken. The only other option was going to the tent vendors along the side of the road. They are usually higher, a lot higher. Last night my husband was looking for all the tents on his way home from work and they had packed up and left, all but one. When he pulled in, they too were starting to pack up to go back to their own homes. My husband went down they discounted aisle and there is was, the very last tree an 8ft. Frasier fur. It is beautiful. The vendor told my husband they had just discounted the tree that day because of it's size and it was their last day here. The tree only cost us $40.00. I know it was God. I know He sat that tree aside for us. It's beautiful, no holes, it's not brown. It actually looks like it was just cut down. It fits perfect in our sunken living room. We have never had a tree this tall before because the prices are usually way too high. Thank you Lord for your blessings you bestow upon us daily.

No comments: