Monday, January 04, 2010

The season is over and I hate that. It always depresses me to take all the decorations, especially the Christmas tree. I know this sounds crazy, but I always have to say goodbye to the tree, thanking it for being such a special part of our family for a short while. I think it is guilt that a beautiful tree was cut down to serve us and then we throw it to the curb when we are done. Kills me every year.

Christmas was way too short for me this year. I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day which totally sucked. I did get home Christmas Day by 10:00 am, but people were coming over at noon and that left very little personal family time around the tree. This year my husband got me something I really needed and I love him for it. He got me a brand new HP computer with a 20 inch flat screen. The flat screen is key here, my old computer had the old bulky monitors that took up my whole desk leaving no room for my books. You would not believe how much room I have now. It's like I got a new desk as well. I love it. The computer has windows 7 on it, everyone says it's the best, I personally have no clue. All I know is, Things are a bit harder for me to find on it.

I have to say my husband knows me better than I know myself. I wanted a laptop, like really bad. After I seen this computer and thought about me trying to carry that laptop plus books to school....the laptop would have went to school one day and I would have been stuck with a much smaller laptop, smaller screen, sitting on my desk. I would have been sad.

I also got a new digital camera, which I totally love. I have been snapping pictures of everything and video tapping...I still don't know what all it does, but it's cool. I also got the "Pink " CD that I have been wanting forever. It's the "Fun House Tour", the CD also came with a DVD of the tour as well, pretty cool. She wrote some of the songs on here when her and her husband were going through their divorce. They are back together now, but the songs she wrote were during my own time of trial. I love the song "Please Don't leave Me" because well that was how I was before the separation. I love the song, "I Don't Believe You" because that was me during the separation. I also love her song, "U + UR Hand" because well, that's just funny and spoke how I felt a many of time when going out with my friends in my younger years. I can't forget to mention the song, "Crystal Ball"....This CD is another step in my healing. I have always liked Pink. I like her fire and how she is not afraid to be different or speak her mind. She also very soulful as well.

I have to say the CD is one of my favorite gifts. I am easy that way. Words mean everything to mean, the way you can put them together and reach right out and touch someones soul when they read them or hear them. I owe that to my dear grandmother. She showed me the wonderful world of books and how important words are, they can heal or they can maime, words should never be taken lightly.

Back to a lighter note, we had a very wonderful Christmas. Family was together and there wasn't any fighting going on. It was perfect. Grandpop stopped drinking and looks better than I have seen him in many years. There was much laughter and lots of time spent talking of good past times. I was reminded that we just don't know if anyone will be missing from our Christmas table next year and we need to love and treasure every moment we have. I think that is another reason I was snapping pictures like crazy this year. Capture every moment you can, anyway that you can.


That is what I want to do in the coming year, surround myself with family and friends and capture every moment.


Vital

1 comment:

jnuts said...

as usual, you have your priorities straight. very glad you had a great christmas, vital.